Effective: August 2021
Nick Reynolds trading as Nick Reynolds Photography (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is committed to protecting your privacy.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources I make available on my Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, an email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Nick Reynolds trading as Nick Reynolds Photography
Email address: email@example.com
It is very important that the information we hold about you for our services is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE, AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We will collect information that you provide to us when you purchase any of my products and/or register to use my services/site (such information shall include, but may not be limited to, your name, age, debit/credit card information, telephone number, postal address, and email address).
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data: that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting, or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record-keeping, and for the establishment, pursuance, or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records, and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data: that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details, and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data: that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases, and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data: that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data: that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as new photographs available for purchase, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data, and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interest which is to grow our business. We may also use your information to provide you with our email notifications, newsletters, and other marketing communications that either you request from us or which you consent to by opting in when completing a registration form on the Service. You may opt-out from receiving such marketing communications from us at any time by notifying us in writing, contacting us at email@example.com, or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the email that you receive. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision-making or any type of automated profiling.
About your usage of the service/site; that you provide to us in e-mails or letters that you send to us, and about transactions, you carry out through the service, orders you place, and the fulfillment of your orders:
Any letters, e-mails, blog comments, responses on Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter, or questions written directly to us may be used as blog material for my audience unless specifically requested otherwise. (Part of) these letters or emails, questions or any other feedback may be used in newsletters or blog posts.
It is possible to view the Nick Reynolds Photography website without providing any personal details. However, without giving consent you shall not continue to view our website and services.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies. We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, such as search information providers such as Google, providers of technical, payment, and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations, etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
You should note that information posted on the public elements of the Service may be visible by users of the Service throughout the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself to the Service.
DATA SECURITY | HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
In common with a number of other websites, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to a cloud service provider. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer and the storing and/or processing of your personal data on these servers.
Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and that we cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means, and legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data, and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt-out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt-out link provided in the footer of this page. You also have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. To be clear we do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that we share information with for advertising purposes are supply-side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand-side platforms.
3rd PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behavior on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
ADVERTISERS & SPONSORS DISCLOSURE
Nickreynoldsphotography.com is open to forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation and/or projects. Despite this, Nick Reynolds Photography will never recommend and write about products or brands that we don’t personally use or believe in. We will always disclose whether we are receiving any commissions or products for free.
We are not responsible for the actions of our advertisers or sponsors. If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from our website, you must take action with that company to resolve any issues and NOT with our website. Any product, claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Certain links on the website are affiliate or referral links. At no additional cost to you, we will earn a small percentage of the sale if you make a purchase through our affiliate link.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy.
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site.
Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Last Updated: August 2020